We are on a mission to be a leading provider of homes and excellent services in Britain's rapidly developing Ocean City. With a great workforce we deliver good quality, well-managed and well-maintained homes.
Our high standards mean that we ask a lot of our staff. Qualifications, competency and experience must be complemented by qualities like flexibility, enthusiasm, willingness to grasp opportunities as they arise, together with a passion to succeed.
In the role of Fire Safety Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that Plymouth Community Homes complies with its' statutory obligations and provide assurance to the Board and Executive Management team on all fire safety compliance matters. You will also manage and review the Fire Safety Management strategy, policy, framework and procedures to ensure there are effective fire safety management practices across the organisation.
You will line manage a small team and lead consultation and negotiation internally and externally on fire safety management issues.As you would expect from a sector leader we offer:
• An attractive and competitive salary
• Great working environment
• Flexible working
• Excellent defined contributions pension with a high level of employer contributions
• 25 - 30 days leave (after 5 years) plus bank holidays
• Onsite gymnasium
• A significant investment in learning and personal development
• The opportunity to live in a beautiful and vibrant part of the Southwest.The needs:
• Holds a professional membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers or Fire Prevention Officers or Fire Safety Managers
• Has experience of carrying out fire risk assessments in complex buildings
• Has developed effective solutions to resolve complex fire safety problems
• Has proven experience within a similar role allowing you to utilise the above qualifications
• A proven ability to work independently within a team and work flexible hours to meet the needs of the service
• Has values in providing great customer care.To apply: If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please visit: www.jobtrain.co.uk/plymouthcommunityhomes/displayjob.aspx?jobid=413 where you can view the Job Description and complete the job application.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Ian Frazer
, Head of Repairs & Regeneration on 01752 388041
This post is not suitable for job share.Shortlisting date:
1 February 2019Interview date:
17 February 2019
We are a committed Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably talented people from any community and background.